Elina acts for companies and individuals in domestic and multi-jurisdictional matters. Some of her recent cases include:
- Acting for creditors in insolvency and bankruptcy matters (including advocacy in the County Court, presentation of bankruptcy petitions and review of antecedent transactions of directors)
- Advising on an array of contentious property matters including adverse possession, beneficial ownership of property and obligations under leases/tenancies
- Advising lenders following default of secured commercial loans in relation to recoverability options, realisation of assets, receivership appointments and negotiations with borrowers
- Acting for landlords and mortgagees in possession proceedings
- Acting for tax payers on their collective appeals the Inland Revenue's tax decisions at the Tax Tribunals
Elina is fluent in Greek, having been born and raised in Limassol, Cyprus. She moved to London in 2011 to study Law at King's College London graduating with Upper Second Class Honours. She went on to complete the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law before joining the firm in 2016 to complete her training contract. She qualified into the Dispute Resolution team in February 2018.
Elina is a keen supporter of the arts, music, literature and amateur (emphasis added) baker. She is also a fitness enthusiast and enjoys boxing, swimming, tennis and boot camp training.