- James acted in a widely reported case for a Belarusian claimant in a 12-day trust action and successfully recovered ownership of a £4.25m property in Minsk for his client.
- A claim for £7m against a national bank by a property developer for consequential losses arising out of the miss-selling of interest rate hedging products.
- Advising a Greek bank in respect of the enforceability of its security documentation.
- Acting for a disqualified director in respect of his application pursuant to s.17 Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986 for leave to continue to act as a director of three companies.
- Acting for a Seychelles company and an individual in a circa US$600m Unfair Prejudice claim (in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court), against (inter alia) two Saudi Royal Princes, in a dispute raising wide-ranging issues of jurisdiction, sovereign immunity, and money laundering.
- Acting for a bridging lender in claims enforcing their security against fraudulent borrowers.
- Acting for receivers in respect of various matters such as review of security documentation and calling in of loans.
- Acting for a group of financial intermediary companies in obtaining a freezing injunction against two former directors and shareholders for misappropriation of company funds.
James is a fan of the theatre and of sampling the latest cuisine to hit the London restaurant scene, but his true passions are travelling abroad and diving.